Emergency Medical Services (EMS) provides ambulance and emergency services to residents of Jackson County, North Carolina, in cooperation with other emergency agencies throughout the region.
For ambulance services, dial 9-1-1
EMS is a vital public service: a system of care for victims of sudden and serious illness or injury. This system depends on the availability and coordination of many different elements, ranging from emergency responders, to an informed public capable of recognizing medical emergencies, to the Harris Regional Hospital which is capable of providing specialized care to the most seriously ill or injured.
The 911 emergency number, EMTs and Paramedics with direction from emergency department physicians and emergency department personnel are some of the critical elements necessary for the EMS system to work. Jackson County EMS consists of a division director, one EMS Operations Manager, two EMS Supervisors and a team of EMT’s and paramedics. Together these employees staff and operate advanced life support (ALS) ambulances strategically located throughout the county to facilitate emergency response coverage 24 hours each day, 365 days per year.
Important Phone Numbers:
Emergency ambulance services, in Jackson County 9-1-1
Need to Know Info About EMS
If you face a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1 immediately; this brings the fastest, most effective life-saving care. Harris Regional Hospital works in partnership with the Jackson County Emergency Management to provide emergency care and transportation to those in our community and surrounding areas.
EMS/Paramedic Services at Harris
Our EMS/paramedic service provides advanced, pre-hospital care by state-licensed paramedics and certified emergency medical technicians (EMTs).
Our EMS/paramedic services include:
- Immediate care. In constant contact with emergency physicians and nurses, our skilled paramedics and EMTs begin delivering care on the spot, saving valuable minutes by providing advanced monitoring, medications and interventions in transit.
- Ambulances equipped with advanced technology. Our ambulances feature sophisticated medical technologies and equipment. This allows our paramedics and EMTs, under the direction of an emergency physician, to begin diagnosing and treating patients on the scene.
- Advance preparation for incoming emergencies. Valuable members of our team, EMTs provide ongoing updates on a patient’s condition to emergency physicians, ensuring that staff and resources are ready and waiting upon arrival.
- Collaborative care. Patients appreciate knowing that the emergency response team who cared for them on the way to the hospital continues their care inside, working collaboratively with our Emergency Department staff to make a smooth, comfortable transition.
- Community education. Our paramedics and EMTs provide exceptional public service and preventive education. Each year our team spends time at local schools, health fairs and other community events teaching children and adults about safety, injury prevention and when to call 9-1-1.
- Cancer Care
- Care Management
- Emergency Services
- General Surgery
- Harris Home Health
- Hospice Care
- New Generations Family Birthing Center
- Neck and Spine Services
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Women's Care
- Wound Care