Preparing for Surgery
- Please do in advance of scheduled surgery if needed.
- Separate forms are required for admission to the hospital, your surgery and anesthesia.
- The consent forms are to be signed by patients 18 or older, otherwise by a parent or guardian.
- If a guardian is signing, a copy of the legal guardianship papers must be brought to the hospital.
Pre-Admission Testing (PAT)
- Your physician may order lab work, EKG or X-rays to be done in preparation for your surgery.
- These tests maybe done at the Peninsula Medical Center, Marquette General Hospital or your community hospital or doctor's office.
- Please have the testing done at least three (3) days prior to surgery.
- If you have your pre-op tests done at your community hospital, instruct them to send copies to the Advanced Registration and Education Department at Marquette General Health System.
- If your surgery requires a bowel prep or a cleaning scrub or shower, these instructions will be given by your physician's office.
- You must call the Registration Department at ??? or ??? ext. ???, after 3 p.m. the day before your surgery is scheduled. Call Friday afternoon if your surgery is scheduled for Monday.
- If staying in Sylva, please call Registration Dept and give a number where you can be reached the night before surgery in case of a change in the Operating Room schedule.
- Wheelchairs are available at all entrances to the hospital.
- If crutches are required after surgery, it is your responsibility to bring them with you. The hospital does not supply crutches.
Care at Home After Surgery
- You will need a responsible adult to escort you from the Outpatient Surgery Unit and drive you home.
- You will also need assistance at home for the first 24 hours after your discharge from the Outpatient Surgery Unit.
- Cancer Care
- Care Management
- Emergency Services
- General Surgery
- Harris Home Health
- Hospice Care
- New Generations Family Birthing Center
- Neck and Spine Services
- Primary Care
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sleep Medicine
- Spine Care
- Sports Medicine
- Urgent Care
- Women's Care
- Wound Care